The Funky Cup is a country-wide tournament system run by The Funky Foundation for children under the age of 17 in the sports of soccer, basketball, volleyball, netball, and 5K run, which allows children to showcase their athletic abilities.
All children who participate in the Funky Camps are also involved in the Funky Cup, and the Funky Cup is used to choose future Funky Camp invitees.
Life-orientation classes and educational encouragement are a regular aspect of the Funky Cup, and the Cup is trying to become a major influence on athletic scholarships given out by universities.
- More funds are needed for the Funky Cup to maintain and broaden its goals or else aspects of it will need to be dropped from its schedule.
- Fields are often in poor condition.
- Children often play sports without any footwear.
- No refreshments offered during the 5K run.
- Many teams compete without jerseys.
- Most officials are volunteers.
- Many competitions are played without proper first aid equipment nearby.